Strong Neighborhood Initiative
Building Relationships Today
For Stronger Neighborhoods Tomorrow
and A Better Community For All
Background & Why We Are Here
The common trait for any dynamic community is the commitment by business, government, and citizens to develop a sound foundation of neighborhoods. It is critical to all businesses and residents that the investment they have made in the city they “choose” to call home is protected and continues to hold value. Strong Neighborhoods are the key to the continued momentum of investment by the business community and steady increase in property values for a community’s residents.
How We Help
- Build partnerships with neighborhood groups & encourage citizen input to develop open lines of communication
- Participate with neighborhood groups to establish Neighborhood Networks
- Work with neighborhood groups to develop plans for their neighborhood, then work on implementation of strategies to accomplish agreed upon plans regarding neighborhood policies, budgets, programs & events, etc.
- Assist residents and neighborhood groups to resolve issues by providing information and recommendations
- Serve as the point of contact between citizens and city departments
- Coordinate events such as block parties, volunteering for community service, etc.