Traffic Collision Report

Reporting an Accident

If you have been involved in a motor vehicle collision and for whatever reason police officers did not respond to file an actual report, you may still file an official report with the State of Oklahoma. In some situations, by law, you must report an accident to the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety. (Oklahoma Title 47 OS 10-108) "Except for collisions occurring on private property, the operator of a motor vehicle which is in any manner involved in a collision upon any road, street, highway or elsewhere within this state resulting in bodily injury to or death of any person or in which it is apparent that damage to one vehicle or other property is in excess of $300 shall forward a written report of the collision to the Department of Public Safety if settlement of the collision has not been made within 6 months after the date of the accident and provided that if a settlement has been made a report of the settlement must be made by the parties."

Find the official state collision white sheet(PDF).


Complete these steps:

  • Completed the form as instructed.
  • Make a copy of the completed report form for your personal records.
  • Mail the original directly to:
    Department of Public Safety
    Financial Responsibility Division
    P.O. Box 11415
    Oklahoma City, OK 73136
  • Notify your auto insurance company if you are involved in an accident.

Note: Since the Owasso Police Department did not respond and investigate your accident when it occurred, the only option available to report your accident is through the Department of Public Safety. The Owasso Police Department will have no local record of your accident.