Community Development Department
111 North Main (City Hall)
P. O. Box 180
Owasso, OK 74055
Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Monday- Friday except designated Holidays
Director: Bronce Stephenson
Overview and Services
Community planning is vital towards the quality of life in any community. How land is used with relation to transportation, accessibility to utilities, economic development, parks and recreation, as well as other factors are all elements that need to be considered as a community grows and evolves. Community Planning also involves ensuring that structures are built safe, comply with local codes and ordinances and that public nuisances are investigated and corrected.
Given the above, the City of Owasso Community Development Department is responsible for administering land use control mechanisms, including Zoning and Subdivision Regulations, Building Codes, Variance Requests, and Public Nuisances.
Click here for a detailed power point presentation of the functions of the Community Development Department.
The Department is comprised of three divisions, each of which has varying degrees of responsibility:
The City of Owasso Community Development Department is committed to providing high quality services to all citizens and those who wish to invest money in the community. Considering this, the Department adopted the following mission statement:
Provide Citizens of the Community With:
- Courteous, Timely and Professional Assistance;
- A Comprehensive Approach for Guiding Growth and Commerce;
- Ensuring Safe, Compliant Construction of the Built Environment;
- Improving the Quality of Life with Continuous Code Enforcement and Upgrades in Land Development Practices;
- A sustainable community that excels in providing a choice of quality housing and attractive development respectful of future generations
Home | Contact
Us | Legal Notices | Residents | Business
Design and content Copyright 2012 by the City of Owasso.
All rights reserved.