"A neighbor is a person who can get
your house in less than a minute
two hours to go back home."
Homeowners Association or Neighborhood Association?
A homeowners association (HOA) is a formal legal entity created to maintain common areas and enforce private deed restrictions and covenants.
- Membership is mandatory for all property owners within the boundaries of the association.
- Members are required to pay established maintenance and carrying fees.
- Homeowners associations have the legal authority to enact and enforce maintenance and design standards above and beyond those required by City ordinance.
- Homeowners associations are corporations with formal bylaws and a governing board.
A neighborhood association (NA) is a voluntary association of homeowners, renters, property and business owners where there is no formal homeowners association.
- Participation is on a volutary basis for residents living within the neighborhood area.
- There are no required fees or dues to be paid.
- Neighborhood associations do not have any legal authority to enforce covenants.
Why start a Neighborhood Association?
- To build community pride and ownership among residents (neighborhood networks)
- To offer an organized method to meet and get to know your neighbors
- To provide an structured plan to promote, perserve, and improve the quality of life in your neighborhood and community
- To identify and resolve neighborhood issues in an organized manner
- To partner with city staff to make a positive impact in your neighborhood
Benefits to Strengthening Owasso’s neighborhoods:
- Build neighborhood networks – get to know your neighbors
- Increase citizen participation – take ownership in your community – Get Involved
- Improve quality of life in neighborhoods & community – Make a difference
- Improve physical condition/appearance of properties in neighborhoods
- Improve Public Safety – Work with Police, Fire & Emergency Personnel
Register your neighborhood HOA or Neighborhood Association with the Owasso Strong Neighborhood Initiative - form
Neighborhoods registered with Owasso's Strong Neighborhood Initiative:
# = Alert Neighborhood Program / * = Sign Toppers
Ator Heights Neighborhood Network
Bailey Ranch Homeowners Association -- website
Barrington Point HOA
# Brentwood Village HOA
# * Brookfield Crossing POA
Cambridge Park HOA
# Caudle Estates HOA
# Cedar Crest Apartments
Central Park HOA -- website
# * Coffee Creek Property Owners -- website
# * Country Estates Neighborhood Network - website
# Crescent Ridge HOA - website
# * El Rio Vista Neighborhood Network
# * Elm Creek Estates - Homeowners Affiliation
Fairways at Bailey Ranch - website
# Greens at Owasso-Phase III Apartments
# * Hale Acres Neighborhood Association
# * Honey Creek at Bailey Ranch HOA - website
Lakes at Bailey Ranch HOA
# Lake Valley Homeowners Association - website
# Maple Glen HOA - website
Meadowcrest Homeowners Association
# Metro Heights I Association
New Brunswick HOA
Nottingham Estates Association -- website
Preston Lakes HOA -- website
Remington Place HOA - website
Silver Creek Homeowners Association -- website
# The Falls at Garrett Greek HOA - website
Three Lakes cul-de-sac Neighborhood Network
# * Three Lakes Property Owners Association
Three Lakes II Renovation
# * Wilawood Neighborhood Association
Home | Contact
Us | Legal Notices | Residents | Business
Design and content Copyright 2012 by the City of Owasso.
All rights reserved.